Wednesday, August 8, 2012

School Year's Eve & First Day of School

It has been a while since I posted...we have moved into a new house and we mostly settled in now :) I can hardly believe it myself, but I resigned from my teaching position and I am officially a SAHM for the time being. Isabella is 39 months and we are going to give Preschool another try this year. She will go five days a week in the mornings from 8 to 10:45 am. I am VERY nervous! We tried Pre-K two days a week when she was two, but she cried and cried. My mother was watching her full time and could not handle watching her precious granddaughter cry and call for her...so Pre-K was short lived. The decision to enroll her now is primarily because she has no playmates her age and she really wants to play with other children. My main concern is that we are in a new home, she finally potty trained, and moved into a big girl bed over the short course of six weeks. I worry that all this change will cause her to just fall apart when school starts and she realizes Mommy can't stay at school with her. On a lighter, and much more festive note, I can't wait to have a School Year's Eve celebration again! Here are some pictures of what I did for her last Pre-K stint:

 What would any Back to School or First Day of School event be without the book The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn!?!  They also have an adorable cookie cutter that makes a perfect cookie treat for during or after the story.  I also purchased the felt pieces for the story :)

 Our School Year's Eve dinner table.


Placemats I made at school...the perk of being a teacher myself ;)



 These are actual School Year's Eve pajamas!  Adorable (although costly for PJs) ~ you can buy them at Chasing Fireflies


She loved her hand cookies!
We had a blast that night!  The next morning was fun too, but I was really anxious.  We started with a her getting her very first Schultüte (German School Cone) and a  First Day of School breakfast:

This school cone is adorable!  We purchased it from KinderCone.


The First Day of School plate is a treasure we will use every year on the first day of school.  That was an Etsy purchase.  So was the First Day of School banner below.




Her First Day of PreSchool outfit!  Another Etsy purchase ;)

Bella with her cousin who was also starting Pre-K, but one year older.


We continued the celebration that evening after dinner with a cake that was baked in a loaf pan and inserted into her Littel Poeple bus.  We added pictures of her in the windows.  It came out so cute!






For now, I am going to try and focus on the excitement of a new schol year and push my nerves and fears aside.  Any advice for a mommy with a child starting Pre-K?



No comments:

Post a Comment